Infectious disease researchers are reporting that the primary ingredient in hand sanitizers and wipes doesn’t completely kill germs, mucus, and active viruses like influenza. In fact, influenza can be resistant to alcohol disinfectants.
This is why you need soap!
According to these experts, hand washing with soap and water is the most effective way to prevent spread of illness.
Here are our Top 5 Soaps for when you have influenza:1. Olive Oil Bar
- In addition to its germ-killing properties, bar soap containing Extra Virgin Olive Oil is full of antioxidants that can reduce stress throughout the body. This can help relax you as you fight the flu.
- High in protein and triglyceride, goat milk soap is full of important vitamins A, B6, B12, E, and beta-casein, making it a natural moisturizer and a great soap when you are sick and need to frequently wash your hands.
- Eucalyptus and lavender and known for their antioxidant properties. Eucalyptus is a natural antiseptic with anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, making it one of the best soaps for when you have influenza.
- Baking soda is a natural remedy for pimple blackheads, and acne, while epsom salt is known to help with sleep and stress management. This bar also contains eucalyptus, which means you can take advantage of its antiviral properties when suffering from the flu.
- When you have influenza and have to wash your hands frequently, it’s important that the soap you choose is as gentle on your skin as it is tough on germs. A cashmere soap bar will help your hands maintain moisture through the frequent hand-washing required when you have influenza.